A Jet Ski Rental is the Perfect Way to Enjoy Belews Lake
North Carolina’s warmer climate is perfect for fun in the sun throughout most of the year. Best of all, there are many amazing lakes on which to enjoy a variety of water sports in the state. A popular NC water day trip idea is finding a Jet Ski rental and enjoying it on the lake. Belews Lake is one of the state’s hidden gems. It offers water sports, fishing, hiking, and so much more. At H2O Sports Life, our goal is to make sure you enjoy the water as much we do!
Why H2O Sports Life for your Jet Ski Rental?
At H2O Sports Life, we consider the water a second home. One of our founders started waterskiing at the ripe age of five. Spending our lives playing on the water means we understand all the ins and outs of water sports. Lake life is not just a motto to us, but a life philosophy. We love sharing this love of the water with our guests. Our goal is that every visitor has the best time out on the lake.
Safety is, of course, one of our top priorities as well. We have only top-quality name-brand equipment and we inspect it daily. Additionally, we have substantial cleaning measures for all of our equipment.
We offer four- and eight-hour Jet Ski rental packages to allow for maximum fun. Everyone on our staff loves water sports. They dedicate themselves to making sure you have the best possible experience at Belews Lake. With a personal watercraft rental, you can take your time and tour the lake at your own speed and enjoy the adventure. Jetski around the lake and stop where you find something interesting to explore!
From Japan to the USA: The History of Jet Skis
While many people love jet skiing and the adrenaline rush it brings, not everyone knows the history of this impressive piece of water equipment.
Originally introduced by Kawasaki in October 1972, the Jet Ski was the first stand up personal watercraft (PWC) produced. However, Jet Ski was not its first name. In fact, the company called them “Water Jet” and “Power Skis” initially. They quickly switched to the name Jet Ski soon after its release.
Since the initial release in Japan, Jet Skis have become popular around the globe. According to Statista, by 2017 the number of Americans, age six and up, participating in jet skiing was approximately 5.42 million.
Jet Skiing in North Carolina
Similar to boating, there are some North Carolina laws to know before you head to the lake and rent your jet ski.
Here are the main laws to be aware of before renting any PWC in NC:
- They are prohibited in the evening and early morning hours between sunset and sunrise.
- Drivers and passengers of all PWCs must wear personal flotation devices, such as life jackets. H2O Sports Life supplies a life jacket for every rider with our Jet Ski rentals.
- There is a restriction of a no-wake speed, around 5 miles per hour, when within 100 feet of other vessels (moored or manually-driven), swimmers, docks, or piers.
There are also certain age restrictions and rules for renting and operating a PWC in the state of North Carolina. Those are:
- Any person born on or after January 1, 1988 who plans to operate any watercraft must have a NASBLA-approved North Carolina Boater Education Card.
- All operators of a PWC of 10 HP or more on state waters must be 14 years of age or older.
- Only individuals 17 years of age or older can rent a Jet Ski. At H2O Sports Life, individuals must be 25 years of age or older to rent a Jet Ski.
The Boater Education Card registration is available online at BOATERexam.com® and is good for life. It is easy to obtain the card before visiting the lake.
Belews Lake is the Perfect Spot for Water Fun
Now that you are all set with the NC PWC laws, it’s time to plan your Jet Ski trip. Belews Lake was chosen by Only In Your State as a top lake to visit in NC. It’s big enough to explore, but not so big you feel completely lost.
Built in 1973, Belews Lake spans 3,863 surface acres and boasts 88 miles of shoreline. Paddlers, Jet Skiers, and boaters love the seven mile stretch from the Piney Bluff Access at the southern end of the lake to the northern tip of the lake.
Near the dam the depth of the lake goes up to 130 feet and it is around 100 feet at northern parts of the lake. Regulars to the lake encourage those fishing to try out the deeper parts of the lake for better catches.
Fish are bountiful at Belews Lake. Bass fishing is very popular and common here. But, regular catches at the lake include catfish, crappie and panfish.
There are many trails around the lake as well. Wildlife is diverse in that area. Don’t miss seeing loons and beavers at the numerous coves around the lake.
One of the biggest advantages of this lake is the water temperature stays warm. The warmer water is due to the lake serving as a cooling source for the Belews Creek Steam Station. Visitors in the morning can enjoy the beautiful effect of the steam rising off the lake.
Conveniently Located in the Piedmont Triad
Belews Lake is located at the “four corners” junction of Forsyth, Guilford, Stokes, and Rockingham counties. This makes it easy to get to from everywhere in the Piedmont Triad.
It’s conveniently a quick drive from Winston-Salem to the lake. From downtown it is approximately a 30-minute drive. Similarly, downtown Greensboro is only about a 35-minute drive to Belews Lake.
There are many routes into the lake. However, U.S. Route 158 and North Carolina Highway 65 are the main two access roads.
Health Benefits of Jet Skiing
With so many water activities to choose from, it might be hard to decide on one. Jet Skiing isn’t only exciting, but it offers several health benefits as well.
Below are ten major benefits jet skiing provides, according to Health Fitness Revolution.
- Burn calories: It’s no surprise that jet skiing burns calories. But how many it burns is a big surprise. In a mere 30 minutes, a 150-pound individual can burn 238 calories!
- Ab toning: Both drivers and riders of a jet ski must keep their balance throughout the adventure. This balancing act helps to tone your core muscles.
- Stress reliever: Water and sun are the oldest and most natural stress relievers around. Better yet, the focus it takes to drive the Jet Ski helps drivers forget their other worries!
- Boost cardiovascular system: Time on the Jet Ski is great for cardiovascular system, which leads to increased blood flow. In turn, better circulation allows for more nutrients and oxygen to the rest of your body.
- Strengthen muscles: Not only are ab muscles worked during Jet Ski rides, but so are arm and leg muscles. Forget the curls and squats, just take a spin on a Jet Ski.
- Improves balance and coordination: Remember how keeping your balance tones your abs? Well, it also improves your balance and coordination skills.
- Endurance boost: Since riding a Jet Ski is such a great cardio workout it leads to improved endurance.
- Enhances focus: Driving and riding on a Jet Ski requires and teaches focus and concentration. In today’s fast-paced world, honing those skills is a huge asset.
- For all ages: While there are a few restrictions, Jet Skis are a great activity for almost all ages. This means it is the perfect family outing!
- Exciting: Last, but certainly not least, a Jet Ski is an exciting and fun activity that provides just the right adrenaline boost. Having fun is vital to every person’s emotional well-being.
Two Amazing Marinas to Visit
While all that jet skiing provides great health benefits, all that exercise is also tiring. Don’t worry, Belews Lakes has two marinas that offer everything from nourishment to shopping for necessities.
One of the two marinas at Belews Lake is Carolina Marina. It is located on the northeast side of the lake off Shelton Road.
The Carolina Marina offers the following services:
- Boat Rental
- Cottage Rentals
- Indoor Storage
- RV Storage
If you forget to pack anything, then be sure to stop in at the Marina store. They sell food, drinks, sunscreen, hats, and fishing gear. Store hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and it’s open daily.
Visit The Deck at Belews Lake for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They have a delicious menu that includes biscuits, chicken fingers, subs, and more. Their hours are Thursday through Sunday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Humphrey Ridge is the other marina on Belews Lake. It is located about halfway down the east side of the lake off Humphrey’s Ridge Road.
The Humphrey Ridge Marina offers these services:
- Church services
- Boat registration
- Water sports supplies for sale
A variety of tasty food options are for sale at the Humphrey Ridge Grill. Food available includes sandwiches, breakfast items, burgers, fries, and much more. Restaurant hours are Friday through Sunday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
H2O Sports Life is the Ultimate Family-Friendly Water Sports Center
Now the important question… are you ready for the ultimate water adventure? A jet ski rental with H2O Sports Life provides thrills for all ages.
Both Belews Lake and H2O Sports Life are committed to maintaining a family-friendly atmosphere. H2O Sports Life owner says, “It’s a wonderful community social setting that’s very family-friendly. At H2O Sports Life, we know the value of providing fun activities for the entire family.”
Even More Water Fun at H2O Sports Life
We offer so much more than just jet ski rentals. If you plan to spend the day, or even weekend, at the lake we have plenty other offerings to keep the entire family busy.
Our other services include:
Book Your Adventure Today!
Now that you have read all about jet skis, Belews Lake, and H2O Sports Life; are you ready to have the time of your life?
What you need to know about jet ski rental packages at H2O Sports Life
We offer two convenient packages for Jet Ski rentals at H2O Sports Life. Those are:
- 2 hours: $175
- 4 hours: $275
- 8 hours: $375
All rentals require a security deposit. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AMEX. Prices listed above do not include gas or tax.
Book your reservation today on our website or call us at 336-999-4618.
We do allow parents to bring children on their jet ski for a true family experience.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram. We love seeing our guests having an amazing time. Be sure to tag us in all your pictures at Belews Lake on social media. You never know we might even feature you on our page!
We can’t wait for you to join us for an amazing time and family bonding experience!